This website is hosted by Format and supported by the Format Support Team alongside Ben Peter Catchpole who maintains the site.
Ben Peter Catchpole is the data controller and responsible for your personal data (“we” “us” “our” in this privacy notice]. Our contact details are set out below.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Your name and job title.
• Contact information including your email address, postal address and telephone number.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers provided by us.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We do not collect any special categories of data.
The legal basis for processing your data
We collect this data from you on at least one of the following legal bases:
• In the case of Customer Surveys Or Newletter Marketing, that you have provided your explicit opt-in consent for us to do so.
• In the case of one to one communication, that we need to in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you (which includes the provision of quotations or estimates as a result of a request from you).
• In the case of your corporate email address (where you have provided us with this), that we have a legitimate interest in doing so for our own commercial marketing activities and activities related to customer satisfaction and product development and service improvement where our use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and is promotes an activity that you might reasonably expect us to be engaged in.
How is your data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
• Direct interactions with you when you fill in a form or correspond with us by post, phone, email or otherwise;
• Third parties for example where we have purchased a mailing list;
What we do with the information we gather
We use, store and process this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
• Internal record-keeping and to administer any account(s) that you might have with us.
• We may use the information for our legitimate business interests to improve our products and services to you.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and given us consent to use or, where you have provided us with a corporate email address, for our legitimate interests (as described above), provided you have not unsubscribed.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for our own market research and survey purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post but only in accordance with your express and explicit consent for such contact. We may also use the information for our internal business purposes and legitimate interests of improving customer satisfaction to customise our website(s) according to your interests to provide you with a better experience.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will only retain your personal information for the minimum time that is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In relation to financial and transactional data this will be for a period of approximately 6 years after the date of the transaction. In the case of marketing consent, we will contact you to renew this every 5 years.
Controlling your personal information – your rights
You may choose at any time to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website(s), look for the box or boxes that you can choose to tick to indicate that you agree or opt-in, so that the information can be used by us for direct marketing purposes – if you don’t agree then don’t tick.
• Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten - If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information or we are using your contact details for our legitimate interests for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean the right to be forgotten (your right to have your data erased) cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
• Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that you provided us with in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please write to or email us at email@example.com. We will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
• Right of access to your data - You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not need to pay a fee to access your personal data.
• Right to rectification of inaccurate data - If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
• Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosures of your personal data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We may need to disclose your data to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not transfer or give access to your personal data outside the European Economic Area. If we do, for example, for website support, we ensure that data is secure and transferred using wetransfer.com or equivalent software discussed upon transfer.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your information is stored either electronically on our secure servers or in the case of paper documentation, in secured cabinets only accessible by us or our staff or those nominated by the Data Controller as Data Processors.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
In the event of any data security breach, we will comply with our legal responsibilities to notify the applicable regulator and you as outlined in the applicable legislation.
Any password(s) which you might use to access our website or other platforms that are operated by us using third-party providers are your own responsibility and you undertake not to share them with anyone else, save as to making provisions in your will. If you believe your password(s) has/have been compromised, you must inform us straightaway and change it.
If you have reason to make a complaint, then you should contact us in writing as soon as possible at email@example.com.
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive.
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic-log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web-page traffic and improve our website(s) in order to tailor it to users’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the data is then removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website(s).
Links to other websites
Our website(s) may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave this website, you should be aware that we do not have any control overthose other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of anyinformation which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by thisprivacy statement. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website inquestion.